Prophet is a digitally powered, creatively inspired consultancy that helps our clients unlock uncommon growth in the face of disruption. We help our clients have the conviction to envision, fund and execute the coolest growth work on the planet. Prophet’s combination of deep customer insights and pragmatic business acumen enables us to arrive at unique solutions. That insight, coupled with bold, digitally-powered strategic execution gets our clients to the right ideas that are better expressed, better designed, better deployed and better experienced. Prophet has worked with some of the world’s most successful companies such as. Electrolux, Samsung, Marriott, Cathay Pacific, UBS, Deutsche Bank and T-Mobile. With over 400 experts in marketing, digital, innovation and design, Prophet helps companies bridge the gap between strategy and execution to drive real market impact. The firm is widely recognized for making numerous contributions to the science and knowledge of branding and marketing strategy, as captured in books by David Aaker, Scott Davis, and Michael Dunn, including Brand Relevance, The Shift, Spanning Silos, Building Strong Brands, Brand Portfolio Strategy, Building the Brand-Driven Business, and Brand Asset Management. Our Partners are sought after thought leaders and experts, with their viewpoints regularly appearing in such media as CNBC, CNET, Forbes, HBR, Marketing, Marketing Week, among others. We currently maintain offices in Atlanta, Austin, Berlin, Chicago, Hong Kong, London, New York, Richmond, San Francisco, Shanghai, Singapore and Zurich.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Over an 8-10 week period, our Summer Senior Associates (MBA interns) will get actively involved with client work; working closely with Partners, Engagement Managers and Associates in team situations; and are greatly encouraged to cultivate their own analytical and creative approaches. Prophet is looking for candidates with the right blend of intelligence, analytical thinking, creative problem solving, and fun. We are looking for people who are interested and interesting.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
While every day will be different, you can expect to get involved with some of the following tasks:
…collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to develop hypothesis, conduct and manage research & analysis, and formulate insightful and actionable recommendations for our clients
…gain deep understanding of our client’s customers through interviews, focus groups, as well as qualitative & quantitative research methods
…research and identify relevant digital trends that can inform and impact disruptive transformations within a company or industry
…create materials for, and help plan, physical or digital Safari’s, Hackathon’s, and Playstudios (Prophet’s collaborative approach to creating and evaluating ideas with our clients through analogs and facilitation exercises)
…create digital personas and map user journeys to help uncover digital behaviors and opportunities
…participate in problem solving sessions with a broad team of consultants and specialists, using both analytical and creative techniques to reach compelling results
…present findings to clients and lead discussions
…contribute to internal initiatives within the firm including IP development, marketing, training, and ongoing educational sessions
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
- Candidates should be graduating in Summer 2022 or December 2021 from a top tier, global MBA programme
- Ideally, relevant experience: ideally with a leading business, brand, or digital strategy firm
- Candidates will also already have the relevant, approved work authorisation for the office that they are applying to.
- Bilingual: business level written and spoken English is essential. Additionally, business level written and spoken Chinese is preferred.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Well-developed research and analytical capabilities, problem solving skills, and creative thinking
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of, and passion for, brand, digital, and marketing strategy; and, how they impact business outcomes
- Experience developing a strategy as well as executing the tactical implications of that strategy
- Understanding of agile or other test-and-learn or design-thinking methodologies to co-create with audiences and quickly develop testable materials
- Knowledge of, or experience with, digital analytics tools – both native and 3rd party: Google, Adobe, Social (Brandwatch, Sprinkl’r, Facebook, etc.)
- A curious mind with an unrelenting commitment to get to the answer, to test new approaches, and push others’ assumptions
- The ability to work independently in a fast paced and dynamic environment with limited supervision
- A team player who is adept at enhancing team success through active participation in internal and external client project teams