Prophet is a digitally powered, creatively inspired consultancy that helps our clients unlock uncommon growth in the face of disruption. We help our clients have the conviction to envision, fund and execute the coolest growth work on the planet. Prophet’s combination of deep customer insights and pragmatic business acumen enables us to arrive at unique solutions. That insight, coupled with bold, digitally-powered strategic execution gets our clients to the right ideas that are better expressed, better designed, better deployed and better experienced.
Prophet has worked with some of the world’s most successful companies such as. Electrolux, Samsung, Marriott, Cathay Pacific, UBS, Deutsche Bank and T-Mobile. With over 500 experts in marketing, digital, innovation and design, Prophet helps companies bridge the gap between strategy and execution to drive real market impact.
The firm is widely recognized for making numerous contributions to the science and knowledge of branding and marketing strategy, as captured in books by David Aaker, Scott Davis, and Michael Dunn, including Brand Relevance, The Shift, Spanning Silos, Building Strong Brands, Brand Portfolio Strategy, Building the Brand-Driven Business, and Brand Asset Management. Our Partners are sought after thought leaders and experts, with their viewpoints regularly appearing in such media as CNBC, CNET, Forbes, HBR, Marketing, Marketing Week, among others.We currently maintain offices in Atlanta, Austin, Berlin, Chicago, Hong Kong, London, New York, Richmond, San Francisco, Shanghai, Singapore and Zurich
Working alongside the Talent Director, EMEA & Asia, the Talent Manager will be responsible for driving and managing the end-to-end recruitment process for all roles in our Asia region. You will also provide on-the-ground counsel and direction to individual employees and Prophet’s Asia leadership team, focusing on aspects of employment and immigration in Asia.
Reports to： This role reports to Talent Director, EMEA & Asia (with a dotted line to Asia Regional Lead).
- Lead and execute hiring for all roles, focusing on Interns to Senior Managers:
- source strong talent
- build diverse talent pipelines
- screen candidate CVs
- coordinate interviews
- lead debriefs
- manage the offer process
- Ensure a smooth transition from the recruitment stage to onboarding to integration.
- Provide advice and guidance to hiring managers at each stage of the recruitment process, to ensure positive hiring experience for all parties involved.
- Work with the Recruiting Team to develop recruiting collateral, evaluation tools, etc.
- Build Prophet’s profile on campus, to generate exposure for our EVP
- Day to day advice and counsel on contracts of employment and the rights and obligations of employer and employee
- Employee relations, support, counselling
- Liaising between Prophet, legal counsel, tax advisors and local government (e.g. Shanghai Municipal Human Resources and Social Security Bureau)
- Policy benchmarking, development, documentation, implementation
- Immigration (visas, processing, compliance)
- Culture event support & coordination
- Business fluent in spoken and written English and Mandarin (other Asia languages also a plus but not a necessity)
- Experience working in a professional services firm in a human resources capacity, ideally in both recruiting and generalist HR functions
- Knowledge of Chinese employment law and how to implement it effectively
- Experience working with senior level executives across a matrix organization, balancing decision making with collaboration
- Experience in a fast-paced environment where speed and quality are equally important
- Demonstrated leadership skills and/or roles managing others
- Proven negotiation and mediation capabilities
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Diplomatic, persuasive, good influencer
- Ability to work successfully in a dynamic environment with limited supervision
- Creative problem solving abilities and willing to roll the sleeves up (as necessary) to get things done
- Effective at building consensus
- Undergraduate degree required; other professional degrees or certifications are a plus
- Polished, professional
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Highly effective communicator – articulate, logical
- Self-assured but not cocky
- Can quickly garner credibility in the organization
- Mature, poised
- Ability to interact with all levels in the organization
- Discreet – experience handling confidential information
- High integrity
- Fairness in dealing with people
- Adaptable to a new environment and culture
- Good follow through skills – dedicated to achieving desired outcomes
- Project management and planning
- Structured thinking
- Ability to multitask
- High energy