Prophet is a global brand and marketing consultancy that fuses insights, strategy, creativity and imagination to help clients grow better brands and businesses. Prophet uncovers deeper customer insights, builds brand relevance and delivers engaging customer experiences for some of the world’s most successful companies such as. Electrolux, Samsung, Marriott, Cathay Pacific, Chanel, Crate and Barrel, UBS, AIA, Manulife, and HTC.Their 400+ experts in marketing, innovation, digital and design help companies bridge the gap between strategy and execution to drive real market impact.
The firm is widely recognized for making numerous contributions to the science and knowledge of branding and marketing strategy, as captured in books by David Aaker, Scott Davis, and Michael Dunn, including Brand Relevance, The Shift, Spanning Silos, Building Strong Brands, Brand Portfolio Strategy, Building the Brand-Driven Business, and Brand Asset Management. Our Partners are sought after thought leaders and experts, with their viewpoints regularly appearing in such media as CNBC, CNET, Forbes, HBR, Marketing, Marketing Week, among others.
Prophet has around 400 employees; who come from diverse backgrounds in advertising, consulting, academics, and industry positions as brand and marketing executives. This enables Prophet to bring strategy and imagination to our clients’ most difficult challenges. We currently maintain offices in Atlanta, Berlin, Chicago, Hong Kong, London, New York, Richmond, San Francisco, Shanghai and Zurich.
Prophet is looking for highly motivated and creative designers to participate in the internship program within our Hong Kong or Shanghai design studios, working closely with Design Directors and Senior Designers on a variety of projects. The internship will run for a period of 10 weeks.
Primary areas of responsibility:
- Collaborate with Design Directors and Senior Designers on various design projects in and related to communications design, branding, retail and environmental design
- Communications design may include logo design, visual systems design and guidelines
- Retail design may include site audits, merchandising graphics, mood boards and other supporting materials
- Interns will receive coaching from Senior Designers, and will also be assigned a coach to manage and facilitate their professional development during the program
- Interns will be encouraged to participate in peer review processes, and will also have a mid-term and end-of internship evaluation
Qualifications and experience:
- Strong, diverse portfolio that is well balanced and demonstrates a focus on graphic or communication design
- Must have basic layout skills and strong typographic skills
- Formal design training from a college or university;
- Ability to communicate effectively and substantiate your design directions
- Passion for your work and a desire to work with a team
- Must demonstrate a basic understanding of brand identity
- Must have experience with Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Ability to self manage, multitask and prioritize, handling multiple projects concurrently
- Must have solid production skills and exposure to HTML
- Knowledge or experience with animation is a plus, but not required
- Prior work experience is desirable, but not required
- Conversational-level spoken and written English is essential
- Business-level spoken and written Mandarin is preferred
Please send a cover letter and your portfolio to Prophet Hong Kong’s recruiting team: email@example.com